We will ensure that staff and volunteers at P.E.S.T.S:
- are carefully selected, screened, trained and supervised
- are aware of the problem of child abuse
- safeguard children from abuse through good practice
- report all concerns about possible abuse
- respond appropriately when abuse is discovered or suspected
- are aware of Ealing's child protection policies and procedures.
- understand their obligations to report care or protection concerns about a child/young person, to the organisations designated child protection person for child protection by providing training and guidance
- receive information on the relevant legislation that the organisation must adhere to.
We will also provide workers at P.E.S.T.S. with opportunities to develop their skills and knowledge by:
Providing access to the organisations policies and procedures
Providing links to organisations who can provide information
Providing relevant training and support on the workers initial and future roles within the organisation
Providing relevant training and support on specific areas such as Health and Safety and confidentiality
P.E.S.T.S. adheres to Ealing's Child Protection Procedures and Policies (the Yellow Book).
Nominated Safeguarding Children Advisor: Joy Barton
Deputy Nominated Safeguarding Children Advisor: Cathy Coleman